2024 dates are August 7-21. Additional details coming in January.
- Held at Camp Myrtlewood (NBTSC’s original home!)
- August 9-23 (14 nights)
- Transportation available from/to Eugene ($30 each way ~ pickup or dropoff ~ approximately 120 miles NE of Camp Myrtlewood)
Our abundant time together offers the chance for new friendships to take root, and old friendships to flower. We fit lots of inspiring activities into our schedule while also enjoying ample downtime. Nestled in the forest of the coastal mountain range, we experience the NBTSC classics – workshops, talent shows, bonding night, prom, seeing/seen circle, and closing ceremony – plus we devote one day to all kinds of adventures including an optional field trip to the Oregon Coast. Also, we sprinkle three mellow sleep-in days throughout the session to allow for plenty of well-being and self-care time without FOMO.
Who should not choose this two-week session?
Well, the obvious: if you’ve never been away from home without your parents for more than 3 or 4 nights, 2 weeks might be too much of a leap. But also the not-so-obvious. If our camp agreements require you to temporarily give up things you usually do (like have sex with a partner who will also be present at camp, or use illegal substances), then it turns out that while many people can find it within themselves to alter their personal reality for one week for a cause they believe in, two weeks can be just too long–despite the best of intentions. If you have habits which conflict with our needs, we suggest you come to Vermont instead.
About the site
We enjoy a spacious open field surrounded by tall firs and cedars, a sweet little creek (habitat for spawning salmon) for wading and low key swimming, and hiking trails that offer forest magic and wide vistas. For more, see the Camp Myrtlewood website.
Unfortunately, like many areas throughout the West and Northwest, Camp Myrtlewood occasionally experiences smoke due to wildfires elsewhere in the region. Please take this into consideration if you have a health condition such as asthma that is triggered by periods of poor air quality. (The only time we have experienced significant smoke at Camp Myrtlewood was in 2017.)
- It’s easy to pay online through our registration portal.
- Tier 1* ~ $1800
- Tier 2* ~ $2185
- Tier 3* ~ $2385
- Or, you can set up a monthly payment plan through our registration portal. If it deducts directly from a bank account, you’ll receive a discount of approximately 2%. (If it charges a credit card, normal tuition applies.)
*For future reference, note that tuition is $150 less (for all tiers) prior to our early registration deadline. This year the deadline was extended to April 24, but most years it is March 31.
*To see which tier applies to your family, please read our tuition details page.
Already Registered For NBTSC Oregon 2023?
For essential details on travel, health and Covid-related expectations, what to bring, prom theme, and much more, please refer to
- the 2023 Camper and Parent Handbook (download it via your online account)
- our June 30 “Essential Covid/health requirements for NBTSC 2023″ email notification (it went to all the authorized users on your account)
- our July 13 “Important updates & reminders ~ Oregon NBTSC” email notification (also went to all the authorized users on your account)
- If you can’t find either of those emails, or if you registered later than these dates and we forgot to send them to you, please ask Maya to forward you a copy.
- and any/all other notifications that we email to your authorized account users between now and August 9!