This is 2022 information. We’ll post 2023 details in January so please check back then, thanks!
- September 15-24 (9 nights)
- Tamarack Farm (at Farm & Wilderness Camp)
- Transportation offered (for a fee)
- from/to White River Junction (Amtrak/Greyhound) ($25 each way)
- from/to the Burlington Airport ($45 each way)
- from/to Philadelphia and Albany ($150 one way, $250 round trip).
In Vermont we savor an extended, 8 day/9 night week. This session incorporates all the NBTSC classics – workshops, talent shows, bonding night, prom, seeing/seen circle, and closing ceremony. Tamarack Farm, our beautiful home at Farm and Wilderness Camp, offers a heated, light-filled lodge; a fabulous playing field for soccer, ultimate frisbee, etc.; access to Woodward Reservoir for canoeing and swimming; hiking trails plus a lovely pastoral road to stroll along.
Accommodations are rustic – outhouses rather than conventional toilets, and three-sided cabins built with summer in mind. (If you sign up, you’ll probably get sick of us reminding you to BRING WARM STUFF. There are, however, a few indoor, heated rooms available for folks who really need them and for others on a first-come first-served basis. We occasionally enjoy atypically warm weather, but our usual experience has included cool and sometimes downright cold nights.) For more, see the Farm and Wilderness website.
It’s easy to pay online through our registration portal.
- Tier 1* ~ $1100
- Tier 2* ~ $1240
- Or, you can set up a monthly payment plan through our registration portal. If it deducts directly from a bank account, you’ll receive a discount of approximately 2%. (If it charges a credit card, normal tuition applies.)
For future reference: tuition (for both tiers) was $100 less until our early registration deadline passed. This year the deadline was April 10, but most years it’s March 31.
*Tier 1 applies to families in lower and middle income brackets, and Tier 2 applies to families whose annual income is higher. If your income is less than $80K annually, you are welcome to choose the lower rate if needed. (But if you can afford the higher tier, we gratefully appreciate your opting in.) If your income is $130K or more, you would pay the higher amount. If your income falls between $80K and $130K or if you just want more explanation and context, see our tuition details page.
In Vermont, we offer diversity scholarships. If you both 1) are a BIPOC person who would like to come to NBTSC, and 2) cannot afford the tuition, please get in touch.